5.28.2012

If and When

So I think its finally time for me to dive into the wide world of  blogging.  As you may or may not know I am Reese and I live in New York City.  Ever since I was young I have been driven to create and explore.  This blog will be my new outlet for the images and work I create "If and When" I am able.  I think that the acting of creating should be continual and non stop.  I don't believe in sitting down for a session, or taking time out to make something.  For me imagination and conception of new and amazing ideas goes on all the time.  While I don't always have time to put the pen to the paper at the very instance when true inspiration strikes, I believe ideas should constantly be kept at the for front of daily thought so that they can be nurtured and improved upon.  Then, when time is made the mental vision can be put to whatever medium is fitting.  People see different things in my images, but for me it has been about creating a sort of visual language to reinterpret the things in lief that I find fascinating.  For me this blog will be another way to help hold myself accountable, and still feel the urge to produce work for the enjoyment of myself and others. 

With all of that being said I thought the most appropriate picture to start with would be some of the object I hold most valuable.  This is my "every day" pen bag, which hold the pens and pencils that are used to produce the majority of my work.  From the left to Right : Pilot Prera F, Lamy Safari EF, Pentel P209 0.9 with 2H lead, Pilot G-Tec-C 0.3, Pilot G2 Red 0.7, Sukura Sumo Grip II 0.5 with HB lead, Lamy Scribble, Pilot Precise V7 RT, Pilot Precise V5 RT, Pilot G-Tec-C 0.25, Pilot Hi-Tec-C Cavalier 0.4, Staedtler  2mm Lead holder with 5H lead, Fisher Space Pen, PHX Pen with .4 Hi-Tec-C Cartridge, Uniball Jetstream 0.7, Pilot Hi-Tec-C Yellow 0.4, Pilot Hi-Tec-C Red 0.5, Pilot Hi-Tec-C Orange 0.5, Pilot Hi-Tec-C Green 0.4, Clickster Eraser, Pentel Twist Erase 0.9 with 2H lead.  All held in a beautiful 122KCal Roll-up case.  In the beginning I used a lot of scrap paper from the print shop to do my drawings, but the more I searched I landed on two surfaces that I find most appealing for pen work.  The First is Plate Bristol, and the other is #234 Paris bleed proof paper for pens.  I also have found that I don't like sketch books very much.  I find that filling a book with images that are all "good" is to much pressure for me, and I will often start a sketchbook and never finish it.  Because of this I have become a big fan of the Rhodia No.16.  It's small and compact so it's easily carried, but has perforated pages so that the drawings can be removed and put into a box at the end of each day (or thrown out if they serve no purpose).       

As you can tell I love pens, so I will probably give some reviews of pens and papers that I come across in my journeys as well. 

To wrap this one I'll give you a picture that I found the need to express yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment