4.05.2013

Corvax the Omnipotent

I know it has been a while since I have posted and apologize, but I promise I have been hard at work.  I made my first official collectible art toy.  In the past ten days I have gone from an idea to an edition of 30 cast resin little bundles of joy.  I put together a few pictures so that you can understand the process. 

The original Corvax sculpted in Three 60 wax made by Willow products.  Unfortunately they no longer produce wax, but don't worry I found an amazing replacement.  Cx5 is my new jam.
This is half of my "studio", the other half being my couch.  What you see is a 24"x18" vintage school desk in the nook underneath the ladder leading to my loft.  Behind me there is about 24" to my kitchen.  Tight quarters, but my new motto for the week is "Don't make excuses, make art."   
This is the mock up for the custom box that Corvax, comes in.  It was all originally hand drawn, then scanned. 


  
This is the mold I made for Corvax.  I used GI-1000 from The Compleat Sculptor. It is the first time I have used this particular silicone, and I must say its fantastic.  It is rigid enough to hold shape and be extremely durable, but still flexible enough I was able to create a one part mold, and still get my piece out with relative ease.  Notice I didn't even have to cut mine very much.     
  
These are the first five pulls from my mold.  I cast them with Smooth Cast-325 tinted with So-Stong black tint.  


Everybody has been scrubbed clean to make sure there is no residue of any kind.  Now waiting for you to take them home.  




 
A couple of detail shots of the final product.  Corvax Lives!  I have already sold a number of these guys, but still have a few left if anyone is interested.  $15 + $5 Shipping.  E-mail me at reesetchamness@gmail.com for inquiries.

Thanks for looking, already got the Star Gazer in progress... stay tuned for more updates, and thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. Great work and I think you should be charging more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my. I love this little guy. I hope you do more and I do so want to get one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're interested check out my Etsy shop here.

      http://www.etsy.com/shop/UnderTheLadder?ref=search_shop_redirect

      Delete