2.27.2014

To the next level

At this point I kind of new which direction I wanted to go. I had the plumpie form kind of in my head and with a few minor adjustments I would be in my way. In comes image one. I wanted to take some notes from my old drawings and give the plumpie hole nipples. I don't know why, but in my head I thought, "it will help the milk come out easier."  I was still playing with color and still think that I hit a home run with this one. I like the way it looks like a sunset. The image here doesn't do it justice. I was also looking at a water color Chris Ryniak had done and though I'd give it some speckles. I like the way they recede into the shape and give some dimension. 
In image two I thought well maybe I should make the belly button a hole as well. I balanced that by giving it an extra eye. I don't think the holey bell button has shown back up in my work again. This one also kinda turned out veiny. Weird...
Image 3 I was trying to figure out how two plumpies would interact if they met. I am not sure if they are having sex. If they are conjoined twins, or if one is spawning off of the other. Either way it was fun to blend the colors and kind of get a different feel for what the plumpies were. 

Here again I am playing with the idea of just a head.  This one also plays off the old Momoe kind of shape. I got into a green phase for a few pieces here. 



We'll finish up here with image number five. Exploring the plumpie kind of in motion, turning and getting some form going.  I haven't made any more like this, but I really like it. I also really like his little antenna.  And of course, GREEN!!!

That about wraps it up for this post.  Keep yours eyes open for the next one where the cast of characters enters the scene.

As always thanks for looking critiques and comments are always welcome. 

1 comment:

  1. have you ever experimented with 3-D printing to give dimension to your characters. We need some Bobbleheads

    ReplyDelete