8.20.2012

Flamin'!!!


Bum bum bummmmm, bumm     bumm    bumm, bum bum bummmm, bu bu bummmm... (just imagine the Olympic theme that you heard non stop for 17 days.)  So This will be my official thoughts on the Olympics, accompanied by my very own torch :).  

Well I have to say one of my favorite moments is always the opening ceremonies when these countries are only able to bring a handful of athletes, but those few athletes are so proud to represent their country, even if they don't have a chance in the world to win a medal.  On that note I'm not sure how I feel about athletes that are born in the US, train in the US, and live in the US, that then choose to compete for a different country.  And also the flip side of the when someone is "brought" to the US, Russia, China, ect. and are then competing for said country.  A lot of politicking involved in the Olympics, especially with all the "Olympics of the Women", which is only partially true according to some articles.  I don't say that to down play how awesome the US women were by any means, they were quite phenomenal. 

I thought the Cauldron idea was quite excellent, each country being a part and then coming together to make the big flame.  Beautiful!  I am with some of the naysayers in that it should have been in a more public location, but it is what it is.  

NBC did a sub par job with their broadcasting and website... I think everyone will agree with that. 

I thought the closing ceremonies were a bit more relate-able to us Non British types but again NBC cut it off or left things out and gave us Animal Practice instead.  Bummers.  

Sorry this isn't as an extravagant post as I had originally intended, but long story short, I love the Olympics and couldn't get away from the TV the whole time they were on.  I look forward to the winter games in two years. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment