8.08.2012

The Cotton Candy Machine

Well I must say I have had the pleasure for a mini vacation over the past 4 days.  It finishes up with seeing M83 in concert tonight, which should be quite nice.  I have had the luxury to sit at home and watch the Olympics non stop more or less as well.  I love watching the Olympics, but it still amazes me that some people are lucky enough to play a game for their living.  I am very jealous of this especially since I was never at that level of my athletics when I used to play.  I think its great that companies and countries see the cultural importance of sports and are willing to help support these people so they are able to fully immerse themselves and focus, which enables them to be the best they can possibly be.  I also had the joy of getting to visit one of the best places I have been ever in New York called The Cotton Candy Machine.    It is a gallery and shop owned by Tara McPherson and Sean Leonard.  I got to catch the end of a show that featured some of my favorite artists of all time.  Craloa, Andrew Bell, Buff Monster, Alex Pardee, and so so many more.  It was like going to a personal Mecca.  I am finally starting to get back into the groove of drawing again and working after work.  Going to the Cotton Candy Machine just made me want to do more and make more.  So without further ado I give you two images from the past couple of days.  In the first I am still playing around with color and seeing how I feel.  It is is not an immediate love, but I feel feel over time we can become friends.  In the second I just wanted to have at it. 



As always thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment