10.18.2012

Hall of Legends

Well I must say we had quite a good time with my mother in town.  While the UN is was cool and all I would say the crowning glory was the tour of Madison Square Garden.  Mom met a guy who works there on her recent trip to Vegas (she was at an arena managers conference).  Needless to say he gave us a private guided tour of the entire building.  We went from the theatre below the arena (2nd largest theatre in the city only after Radio City), to the very top, to right next to the ice.  Yes they were making the ice for the first time to get ready for Hockey season.  We got to see the locker rooms for the Knicks and the Rangers, as well as the hallway where every famous musician walks down before they go on stage.  Crazy awesome, a lot of history in there.  We also went to the Guggenheim, where there was a really excellent Picasso show that was very insightful.  As much of his work that we see I have to say the man was truly amazing.  Anyway enough about me, look at my drawings!





No comments:

Post a Comment