9.26.2012

More Tentacles... oh and Fish!


Well unfortunately my two days of freedom are winding to a close.  On the bright side of that I got some really nice drawings done, and another is in the works.  I also got to go to probabaly one of the best museums I have ever been to.  The Noguchi Museum.   It was quite a trek to make it out to Queens, but if you ever have the opportunity it is well worth it.  It is a right across from his studio, and much of the building used for the museum he used for storage.  He later bought the surrounding lots and deigned a building around the original building, and opened it as a museum.  It has a wonderful open feel with so many of his works.  Its so peaceful and wonderful there.  I will definitely find my way back there.  My drawings for the day have nothing to do with him, but maybe they do in a round about way, who knows. 


Image 1 here is a some more tentacles, since I have been on a tentacle kick.  This is a bigger drawing, about 11"x5".  The texture on the dome took forever!! So I just had to do it again on Image 2.  


It is even larger 11" x 8.5".  I don't know if I was just looking to drive myself crazy with this one, but I wanted to have a lot of intricate texture.  I was also trying to have like 5 different line thicknesses.  It was really hard for me to not put a hard black line on the horizontal fish, but I think by not doing so some really cool things happen.  I wanted you my viewer to be able to see the small things better so I have included a detail image below so you can enjoy.  As always thanks for looking!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment